At Airdrie Autobody we understand that there is never a convenient time to have an accident, however our team of professionals is here to assist you throughout the entire process. Getting the right information from the beginning can help expedite this process.
At the scene:
- If anyone has been injured, or one or more of the vehicles is not drivable, contact the police.
- Take photos of the damage and position of the vehicles if possible. This may help the insurance companies determine fault later on.
- Obtain the names and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- If the vehicles are drivable, move them to a safe area where you can exchange information.
- Exchange the following information:
- full name
- phone number(s)
- insurance company name and broker information
- insurance policy number
- driver's license number
- license plate number
- year, make and model of the vehicles involved
- If someone refuses to provide their information, document the license plate number, vehicle description and driver description before they leave the scene and call the police.
- If you suspect that the other driver is impaired, call the police.
- Write down a description of the accident while it is still fresh in your mind.
After the Accident
- Contact the police to file a report if it was not completed at the scene. They may give you a damage sticker at this time; however they may require you to come back with an estimate confirming the amount of the damages. If a sticker is issued, keep it in your vehicle as we require it to begin your repairs if your damages exceed $2000.
- Contact your insurance company to start the claims process.
- Contact the collision center of your choice and book an estimate appointment.
At Airdrie Autobody we pride ourselves with being Collision Specialists meaning that we specialize in repairing damages that are, for the most part, caused by collisions and/or insurance related claims. Because of this our staff knows the claims process inside and out and deal with insurance companies on a daily basis. We are able to help answer any questions or address any concerns that may arise throughout the claim from the estimating stage to after the repairs have been completed.
We repair vehicles for every major Canadian Insurance company and we are a Direct Repair Centre for many of the main insurers in Alberta, including:
- TD/ Security National/ Primmum/ Meloche Monnex
- Unifund / Johnson Inc.
- Royal Sun
- Peace Hills